The GWO-approved BST Sea Survival Course is a 1 day course which must be undertaken by individuals who will be traveling to offshore Wind Turbine Generators (WTGs) This BST Module validates the participants Sea Survival training for 2 years.
Duration: 1 Day
Start Time: 07:00 AM
Due to the physical demands on the course, it is the responsibility of the employer and participant to pre-determine the participant’s ability to safety attend the course.
SEA SURVIVAL training in Houston, Texas
BASIC SAFETY TRAINING – SEA SURVIVAL
(ONLY FOR THOSE ENROLLING IN THE OFFSHORE VERSION OF THE COURSE)
Assessment Method: Direct Observation/Oral Questioning (as appropriate)
- Apply abilities to act independently or with others in a simulated emergency at sea.
- PPE inspection, donning, and buddy checks descending and disconnecting.
- Multiple transfers from dock to vessel to structure to vessel to dock while following commands.
- Perform 1 coherent scenario from entering water to getting into rafts and recovering casualties and being rescued.
- Individual floating and swimming techniques with and without a life jacket.
- Donning life jacket in the water (rigid).
- Group swimming techniques.
- Life raft techniques from righting, to entry, to immediate and further actions and exiting raft.
- First aid treatment for hypothermia.
- Signaling for rescue techniques.
- Donning HELO sling in the water.