The GWO-approved BST Fire Awareness course is a ½ day course which must be undertaken by individuals who will be traveling to both on and offshore Wind Turbine Generators (WTGs) This BST Module validates the participants Fire Awareness training for 2 years.
Duration: 1/2 Day
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Due to the physical demands on the course, it is the responsibility of the employer and participant to pre-determine the participant’s ability to safety attend the course.
FIRE AWARENESS training in Houston, Texas & Houma, Louisiana
BASIC SAFETY TRAINING – FIRE AWARENESS
Assessment Method: Direct Observation/Oral Questioning (as appropriate)
- Demonstrate pre-use inspection.
- Demonstrate safe use of CO2 extinguishers.
- Practice and demonstrate safe use of fire blanket.
- Demonstrate safe evacuation from smoke-filled environments.
- Demonstrate actions of discovering fire or smoke in a WTG (various mock scenarios in WTGs).