The OPITO-approved Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment training program is designed for personnel traveling to or from offshore installations/vessels via helicopter where a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System will be provided for use in the case of an emergency ditching.
Start Time:11:30 AM
Prerequisite: All delegates must possess a valid BOSIET/FOET/HUET or TBOSIET/THUET/TFOET or an industry agreed equivalent certificate prior to completing this training.
Please Note: Due to the physical demands of the course, it is the responsibility of the employer and participant to pre-determine the participant’s ability to safely attend the course.
CA-EBS Training in Houston, Texas
To successfully complete this training delegates must able to:
Assessment Method: Direct Observation
- Explain the fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems
(technology and use)
- Explain the rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations
- Explain the hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems
- Demonstrate a pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CA-EBS
- Demonstrate donning the life jacket with CA-EBS correctly, including ‘buddy check’
- Demonstrate an emergency deployment of the CA-EBS in a dry environment